Magnesium, vitamin D and vitamin C supplementation, have shown helpful to a person with fibromyalgia in balancing their nutrition levels.
The role of low magnesium levels in the body and its importance in inflammation, pain, and fatigue is being researched. In one review article, the authors noted lower levels of zinc and magnesium than in the control groups. Magnesium supplementation is necessary to help counteract the fatigue and pain associated with fibromyalgia. Certain medications, such as diuretics, can lower your magnesium levels. There are several ways to increase your magnesium intake:
- Increase the amount of leafy green vegetables, seeds (sunflower and sesame for example) and nuts (almonds and Brazil nuts for example) which contain a lot of magnesium. You should strive to at least consume 600-800 mg a day.
- If needed, magnesium can also be supplemented either orally or in a gel or oil formulation applied directly to the skin. Chelated magnesium is a form of magnesium taken orally without the heavy metals. This can be started once a day and increased to twice a day for a total dose of 400-600 mg. Note that very high doses of magnesium can cause diarrhea. Magnesium Malate is a form of magnesium that is very well absorbed.
- An alternative is to apply Magnesium gel or oil to your skin once or twice daily. If you have been told that you have kidney problems, you may need to have blood levels of your magnesium level followed and limit your magnesium intake.
The role of Vitamin D deficiency in the development of fibromyalgia is being evaluated; however, in one research article it was noted that in evaluating over seventy-five patients who had been diagnosed with fibromyalgia, over two-thirds had low or low-normal Vitamin D levels. The authors of this study also noted that occurred very frequently in those patients with depression and anxiety. Don’t forget that Vitamin D supplementation is vital for your overall bone and muscle health.
- Ask your healthcare provider to measure a Vitamin D level, which is a simple blood test.
- Begin Vitamin D3 at 1000 Units daily with food. Because it is a fat soluble vitamin, it is better absorbed with food.
Remember that Vitamin C is an antioxidant; in terms of cellular health, because it is an electron donor, it helps to reduce oxidative stress and keep the cells in a reduced or natural state. We think that supplementation with Vitamin C may be beneficial. In one small study, 12 individuals with fibromyalgia were given a combination of 100 mg of Vitamin C and broccoli powder. They were closely followed over a period of one month. By the end of the month the participants in the trial reported an improved quality of life and reduced sensitivity to pain. Deficiency of this vitamin can directly impact adrenal health, and FMS can cause a lot of stress on the adrenal glands and is strongly associated with the development of adrenal fatigue, which is strongly associated with Fibromyalgia Syndrome.
- The ester form of Vitamin C is better absorbed than other formulations.
- Vitamin C at a dose of 2000 mg a day is a good starting dose.
- Armstrong DJ, Meenagh GK et al. “Vitamin D deficiency is associated with anxiety and depression in fibromyalgia.” Clinical Rheumatology. 2007 Apr;26(4):551-4.
- Bramwell B, Ferguson S et al. “The use of ascorbigen in the treatment of fibromyalgia patients: a preliminary trial.” Alternative Medicine Reviews. 2000 Oct;5(5):455-62.
- Bent S, Padula et al. “Valerian for sleep: a systematic review and meta-analysis.” American Journal of Medicine. 2006 Dec;119(12):1005-12.
- Cordero MD, Cotain D et al. “Oral coenzyme Q10 supplementation improves clinical symptoms and recovers pathologic alterations in blood mononuclear cells in a fibromyalgia patient.” Nutrition. 2012 Nov-Dec;28(11-12):1200-3.
- Geenen R, Jacobs W et al. “Evaluation and management of endocrine dysfunction in fibromyalgia.” Rheumatic Diseases Clinics of North America. 2002 May;28(2):389-404.
- Ki Cha B, Man Jung S et al. “The effect of a multispecies probiotic mixture on the symptoms and fecal microbiota in diarrhea-dominant irritable bowel syndrome: a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial.” Journal of Clinical Gastroenterology. 2012 Mar;46(3):220-7.
- Lucas HJ, Brauch CM et al. “Fibromyalgia–new concepts of pathogenesis and treatment.” International Journal of Immunopathology and Pharmacology. 2006 Jan-Mar;19(1):5-10.
- Teitelbaum J, Johnson C et al. “The use of D-ribose in chronic fatigue syndrome and fibromyalgia: a pilot study.” Journal of Alternative and Complementary Medicine. 2006 Nov;12(9):857-62.
- Wikner J, Hirsch U et al. “Fibromyalgia–a syndrome associated with decreased nocturnal melatonin secretion.” Clinical Endocrinology. 1998 Aug;49(2):179-83.
- Wilhelmsen M, Amirian I et al. “Analgesic effects of melatonin: a review of current evidence from experimental and clinical studies.” Journal of pineal Research. 2011 Oct;51(3):270-7.
- Younger J, Noor N et al. “Low-dose naltrexone for the treatment of fibromyalgia: findings of a small, randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled, counterbalanced, crossover trial assessing daily pain levels.” Arthritis and Rheumatism. 2013 Feb;65(2):529-38.
$21.73 ($0.72 / Count)
60 BILLION CFUs MAX STRENGTH: Our probiotic actually contains 60 BILLION CFUs per serving. Other brands claim it, but beware of deception. Some produc... read more
$27.08 ($0.90 / Count) $27.06 ($0.90 / Count)
DIGESTION SUPPORT: This once daily probiotic supplement contains Lactobaccilus acidophilus and Bifidobacteria for digestive health and constipation re... read more
$14.99 ($0.71 / Ounce) $14.74 ($0.70 / Ounce)
5G PURE CREATINE MONOHYDRATE PER SERVING SUPPORTS INCREASES IN ENERGY, ENDURANCE & RECOVERY MAXIMUM POTENCY supports muscle size, strength, and power ... read more
$16.99 ($0.28 / Count)
★MADE IN NEW YORK, USA★ NewRhythm 50 Billion Probiotics is made in a Facility Based in New York, USA. Our Facility is Organic Certificated and GMP Cer... read more
$29.96 ($0.17 / Count)
PREMIUM QUALITY & TRIPLE STRENGTH: 2,000 mg of fish oil delivering 1,400 mg of Omega-3's (800 mg EPA, 600 mg DHA) per serving. DESIGNED FOR BETTER ABS... read more
$13.85 ($0.49 / Count)
EASY & EFFECTIVE: Only 14 Days (28 capsules, 1-2 capsules per day). ASSISTS IN HEALTHY DIGESTION: Helps cleanse toxins and supports healthy bowel move... read more
$23.97 ($0.13 / Count)
Achieve digestive comfort today – Zenwise Health Digestive Enzymes are powerful supplements with a natural Enzyme, Prebiotic, and Probiotic blend to p... read more
$18.79 ($0.31 / Count)
MAKTrek TECHNOLOGY - Our top selling Probiotic features the MAKTrek patented stomach acid protection and delivery system. This can allow strains to su... read more
$13.01 ($0.11 / Count)
AMAZON #1 BEST SELLER - DOCTOR’S BEST HIGH ABSORPTION COQ10: Easy-to-absorb form of a key nutrient that powers and protects heart vitality, cardiovasc... read more
$29.70 ($0.33 / Count)
THE BENEFITS OF OMEGA-3 - Omega-3s are fatty acids found in fish oil. These essential fats include EPA (Eicosapentaenoic Acid) and DHA (Docosahexaenoi... read more
UA Tech fabric is quick drying, ultra soft & has a more natural feel Material wicks sweat & dries really fast Encased elastic waistband with internal ... read more
5 Resistance Bands Include: Made from 100% natural latex. Comes in 5 different resistance strength levels: X-Light, Light, Medium, Heavy and X-Heavy. ... read more
GET YOUR SWEAT ON: The Sweet Sweat Waist Trimmer is designed to enhance your workout by helping to improve thermogenic activity and SWEAT! FREE Bonus:... read more
Choose between solid, Heather,SpaceDye You decide what's best for you. You're covered by our 100% full money-back guarantee. If you don't love our pro... read more
Set of 2 dumbbells for resistance training; each dumbbell weighs 1 pound Easy-grip neoprene coating for a secure hold Printed weight number on each en... read more
►► WAIST TRAINER TRAINING TRIMMER BELT: Made of comfortable & adjustable & stretchy fabric, Flexible and durable, 100% Latex-Free Neoprene Stretchy Co... read more
STYLE AND CONFIDENCE ON YOUR LEGS – Finally! A Durable Compression Sock designed to last, without compromising quality or Comfort. Double stitched Fab... read more
71" long 24" wide ensures comfort for people of all shapes and sizes. With high density foam material, the 1/2'' thick premium mat comfortably cushion... read more
High-density blue speckled foam roller with molded edges: Extra firm - best for intermediate and above. High density expanded polypropylene (EPP) that... read more
★MULTIPLE COLORS: Our leggings have more than 10 available colors - red, burgundy, black, gray, light gray, dark gray, blue, white, mustard, navy blue... read more
$47.00 ($5.03 / Ounce)
Full of all natural, non-artificial ingredients. Provides natural energy without the crash. Works on a cellular level to increase energy. Enhances men... read more
PAIN REDUCTION – Naturally reduce muscle tension, back pain, and headaches by simply laying on the mat daily for 10-30 minutes. Acupressure releases e... read more
$20.00 ($0.05 / Count)
A homeopathic medicine that works naturally , Store at 68-77°F No side effects, no drug interactions, no contraindications, and no "masking" of sympto... read more
IMMEDIATE back and neck pain relief in the comfort of your home in as little as 20 minutes per day ELIMINATES the need for expensive treatments as wel... read more
$15.99 ($0.67 / Ounce)
Completely safe for men & women of any age.1 month guarantee. Starts to work within 15 minutes. Use to supplement with ibuprofen or aleve for pain rel... read more
ACUPRESSURE MAT AND PILLOW SET: This acupuncture style mat and neck pillow will help you find the joy in a little bit of pain! This will hurt so good ... read more
$39.97 ($39.97 / Count)
CUSTOM DESIGNED SET BY LICENSED MASSAGE THERAPIST: Working in the health Industry we have put together a Pain Relief set with Acupressure Mat, Pillow ... read more
High Power polished hematite beads Ultra strong rare earth magnetic clasps Improves circulation Aids in weight loss Provides natural pain relief
$31.90 ($31.90 / Count)
【Function】Magnetic bracelets are usually purchased for arthritis pain, anxiety, carpal tunnel, fatigue relief. Anti-radiation. Natural healing aches f... read more
$199.99 ($199.99 / Count)
✔️RELEASE TENSION THE NATURAL WAY: Plunge in deep relaxation after a tiring day with the power of nature! Lie on a premium 18”X 30” (45 x 76 cm) Acupr... read more