Elevation in body temperature is known as fever. This is a defense mechanism of our body against infection. Fever is a result of the accumulation of morbid matter in our body. Symptoms of fever may include a rise in body temperature, sweating, headache, dehydration, burning eyes, shivering, weakness, muscle aches and lack of appetite.
Fever Home Remedies
There are several home remedies for fever that are simple to try at home and that are effective when used properly. Below are some popular home remedies for fever:
3. Add a few drops of ginger juice and lime juice to a tablespoon of honey. Consume this honey.
4. Take 10 grams each of fresh ginger and raisins. Crush them together. Add this crushed mixture to 200 ml of water and wait for an hour. Boil this mixture until only 50 ml of water is left. Allow it to cool down a bit and then drink this mixture.
5. Take some holy basil leaves and boil them together with water (two cups) and add some honey to it. Allow it to cool down a bit and then drink this mixture.
7. Consume lots of leafy green vegetables daily. This will remove the toxins from the body and will make digestion strong.
8. Raisin extracts are also helpful in fighting fever. Take half a cup of water and soak 25 raisins in it. Now crush these raisins in the same water. Strain this mixture and collect the water. This water will work as a tonic for treating fever. You can even add half a teaspoon of lime juice in this water to make it more useful. Take this tonic twice in a day.
9. Take a cup filled with fresh juice of apricot and then add one teaspoon of honey or glucose to this apricot juice. Mix them well and drink. This juice will not only provide a cooling effect to the body but it will help in eliminating toxins from the body, too.
10. Grapefruit juice is also effective in treating fever. Mix grapefruit juice with water in equal quantities and drink. This juice will help in eliminating the burning sensation caused by the fever.
11. Take an onion and cut it into two halves. Now tie each bare foot with half an onion. This method is effective in bringing down the temperature.