Herbs and spices have proven to be beneficial to our food, health, and overall well-being. These days anything that we can do to naturally treat disease and conditions is one step closer to a healthier lifestyle. One condition in particular that could benefit from homeopathic treatment is high blood pressure.
Costing more than $90 billion dollars in health care services and affecting nearly 1/3 of all US adults, high blood pressure is one of the costliest conditions to treat. Common medicines that are used to lower blood pressure are expensive and can cause major side effects that may be as dangerous as the condition itself. What if there was a way to treat high blood pressure that didn’t require heavy medicines and could provide proven success in lowering blood pressure? The answer is some common spices and herbs that can be found and grown almost anywhere and can make dinnertime interesting and fun.
- Garlic – Garlic contains allicin which has antibacterial, lipid lowering, and antioxidant properties.
- Cinnamon – Cinnamon has major antioxidant properties that are directed connected with lowering high blood pressure.
- Onions – Onions contain the antioxidant flavonol, quercetin, a preventative for high blood pressure and strokes.
- Oregano – Oregano contains carvacrol which is proven to reduce heart rate, arterial pressure, and blood pressure.
- Olives – Oil produced from olives contains strong polyphenols that can significantly reduce blood pressure.
Adding these common elements into a daily diet can greatly reduce high blood pressure and even lead to a full weaning off of other blood pressure medications when used with a heart healthy diet and exercise routine. Simply putting more flavors in your food could save your life.
[themedy_toggle icon=”plus-sign” heading=”Reference:” onload=”closed”]
- Natural News Network, LTD., 2013
Photo Credit: flickr.com/photos/37884983@N03/3723407479/