Finding ways to treat illnesses and injuries at home can be as simple as going into your garden for some common herbs. Here are 10 common ailments and the herbs used to help them.
- Aching Joints – Rosemary, St. John’s Wort
- Muscle Aches – Chamomile, Marjoram, and Ginger
- Inflammation – Basil, Chamomile, Lemon, Rosemary, and Ginger
- Bruises – Lavender, Marjoram
- Common Cold – Ginger, Lemon Thyme, Marjoram, and Sage
- Heartburn – Anise, Caraway, Fennel, Mint, and Nutmeg
- Nausea – Anise, Ginger, Mint, Nutmeg, and Turmeric
- Sprains and Stiffness – Comfrey
- Menopause Symptoms – Cinnamon, Alfalfa, Sage, and St. John’s Wort
- Asthma – Anise, Cardamom, Chamomile, Cinnamon, Lemon Thyme, and Turmeric
Most of these herbs can be infused into a tea and consumed in moderation to help alleviate these common ailments. The herbs that are most often used for home remedies can be seen making multiple appearances here. These include Ginger, St. John’s Wort, Rosemary, Turmeric, Chamomile, and Cinnamon. These can be referred to as the “Super Herbs” in the world of Homeopathic health. By incorporating these herbs into your nutrition you can help alleviate 10 common ailments and injuries without taking chemical medication.
- ageless.co.za, 2013