Hangover is a general term for a combination of symptoms one feels after the consumption of too much alcohol. It is usually characterized by a headache, lethargy, nausea, and possibly vomiting. It is your body’s reaction from the byproducts of the metabolization of alcohol that are considered toxic.
The following is information on hangover natural treatments.
Self-Care Natural Therapies
- Moderation: Hands down your first self care treatment would be moderation with adequate water intake while consuming alcoholic beverages.
- Coconut water: Your body becomes greatly depleted in minerals from drinking alcohol so replacement of these is paramount to feeling better. Drink fresh coconut water to quickly replace minerals.
- Peppermint Tea: If nauseous, this will greatly help in reducing it. Sweeten with a little raw, organic honey as drinking can cause hypoglycemia which will contribute to your hangover.
- Asparagus Extract: Boosts levels of key enzymes that break down alcohol after heavy drinking.
- Homeopathy: Consider Nux Vomica remedy in 30C strength. Very good for toxicity.
- Alka-Seltzer Gold: This is just a combination of minerals that will assist your body in alkalizing quickly that will greatly relieve some of the symptoms. Take 2 tablets every 2-4 hours. There isn’t any other medication in this form of Alka-Seltzer so it is completely safe. DO NOT SUBSTITUE any other form.
- Water: Drink as much as you can possible tolerate as it is most likely you are dehydrated.
Professional Care Treatment
- Kinesiology: A kinesiologiust can test for liver and spleen imbalances and strengthen if needed.
- The Hangover Survival Guide
- Earth Clinic, earthclinic.com/CURES/hangovers.html