Asthma is a chronic inflammatory condition of the bronchial airways which is commonly associated with wheezing, increased mucus secretions and reduced lung expansion. Opinions vary as to the cause, with great emphasis placed on emotions, genetics and environmental areas.
The following is information on asthma natural treatments.
Self-Care Natural Treatments
- Magnesium Citrate: Magnesium is the number one anti-stress mineral that also relaxes the bronchial constriction in the lungs. It is suggested to take 250-500 mg once per day, and monitor your body.
- Evening Primrose oil: Helps reduce inflammation. Start with 1000 mg / day.
- Food Restriction: Eliminate all dairy for at least 2-weeks. This is known as a food sensitivity challenge. Eliminate all dairy and monitor your breathing and energy levels. If you choose, you may try to reintroduce after the 2-week break and monitor your symptoms.
- Cod liver oil: This also assists in reducing the inflammation. Take 2 teaspoons daily.
- Vitamin C: Take to bowel tolerance.
- Vitamin D: If you choose to take Cod Liver Oil, there will be vitamin D in there. If not, consider supplementing with vitamin D3 at least 2000 mg per day.
Professional Natural Therapies
- Kinesiology: This may help isolate foods for which you may be sensitive or allergic to.
- Homeopathy: Consider an assessment by a Homeopath to treat this issue at the core, rather than simply manage symptoms.